We are looking for an IT Systems Specialist II to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent IT Systems Specialist II must have solid technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The goal is to create value for our staff that will help preserve the company’s reputation and culture.
As an IT Systems Specialist II, you will:
- Coordinate, diagnose and troubleshoot incoming employee calls. Provide day-to-day technical support to employees for internal systems software and hardware.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a diverse environment.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in development of new information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May participate in deployment of software patches and/or upgrades.
- May conduct training programs and/or create user-facing knowledge articles designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications
- Work with and under the supervision of senior IT staff to coordinate and implement IT projects.
- Maintain comprehensive hardware inventory and deploy replacements based on established refresh cycle.
- Develop and update documentation for supported systems.
- Consistently work to expand your technical knowledge and skillsets, taking on projects with perpetually increasing complexity.
- 2+ years in a related technical IT Role
- Minimum 1 year experience in providing desktop and or remote support.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant fields
- Strong background with Mac OS and Windows troubleshooting.
- Exposure to Microsoft Active Directory
- Exposure to Single Sign On systems like Okta
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and technologies.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks.
- Experience authoring and updating technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility, including effective handling of concurrent priorities.
- Practical project management experience.
Examples of our current IT stack:
- Desktops: Windows 10, macOS, Linux
- Servers: Windows Server, vCenter/VMWare
- Communication: Slack, Zoom
- Productivity: Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Fleet Management: JAMF, Intune or any form of MDM
- Ticket Management: Jira
Sometimes, it’s the little (virtual) things:
- Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.stratasys.com.