MakerBot believes there’s an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability and ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the 3D printing process. We are proud to both serve the largest 3D printer install base worldwide and run the largest 3D printing community in the world.
Over the past few years, we’ve expanded the functionality of our printers to include the kind of accessibility and control users have come to expect in our always-on, cloud-connected world. Our the web team makes that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users.
For this particular role, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help run and improve our web platforms so we can provide the best, most user friendly, 3D printing experience. If you like to make things secure, efficient and automated, then you are just who we are looking for.
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Maintain current infrastructure
- Monitor services to maintain uptime
- Work with developers to help optimize the performance of our web apps/services
- Be on-call to troubleshoot problems and keep everything running
- Streamlining processes using automation with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc
- Plan ways to improve the infrastructure, and implement those plans
Build and develop deployment pipelines with automated canary’s, we use Spinnaker for this
As a DevOps Engineer, you need 3+ years of experience in:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Specifically: EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, VPC, ELB, IAM and ECS
- Google Cloud Services – Specifically: Google Computer, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Networking, IAM
- Running production workloads with Docker
- Understanding of monitoring and how to develop SLA’s and SLO’s
- Proficient with configuration management tools Ansible and Terraform
- Using CI/CD solutions Jenkins / CircleCi / Team City specially Spinnaker
- Experience building cloud based networks for cloud services
- 2+ years Kubernetes deployments using spinnaker, helm or CI/CD – Monitoring Kubernetes with prometheus and datadog like services
- Configuration tooling such as Ansible or Chef-Zero
- Experience with centralized logging and automation of alerting
- Ability to troubleshoot scaling issues and point out the bottle necks and how to fix them
- Experience with Serverless architectures and deployment strategies
- IoT architecture
- PHP/Node.JS/Ruby Development/Golang
- New Relic
- SOX Compliance
- PCI Compliance
- Event driven Architecture
- 3D printing experience (you’ll be surrounded by rows and rows of 3D printers all day that you can make stuff on all the time), or just love Making Things and sharing them.
- Working with a distributed team, using Slack, Google Hangouts and Zoom.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot’s connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.