We strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER
Familiar with technologies specific to area of competence. Can convey technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel. Work with engineering team to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist Senior or Lead Design Engineer in the Development and utilization of processes for Electrical Hardware requirement analysis and documentation, Design documentation and requirements management.
· Assist Senior or Lead Design Engineer in providing Document Control with a complete design package consisting of requirements and design documentation, schematics, BOM’s, vendor lists, and conceptual packaging and assembly drawings prior to production launch.
· Participate in elements of design engineering including design reviews and design verification.
· Follow engineering department design flow processes and procedures.
· Provide input to identification and mitigation of technical project risks, technical and integration dependencies affecting overall project plans and schedules.
· Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
· Assigned to projects of diverse scope, where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and safety policies
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Solid understanding or experience of electronics and circuit design.
· Solid understanding or experience of microprocessors and general digital design.
· Ability to learn high speed circuit board design, design for manufacturability, and performing timing analysis for logic design.
· Familiar or experience with FPGA and CPLDs using VHDL.
· Familiar or experience in schematic entry ECAD tools.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Automation Engineering preferred
Additional Job Description
Working knowledge of PLC based systems and programming
To apply for this job please visit jabil.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.