3D Printing Application Engineer
This is a unique opportunity to join the HP 3D Multi-Jet Fusion WW Business Unit and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative business at HP Inc. You will be part of the HP Americas 3D Printing Business Unit.
This is a technical and customer-facing role that will be responsible for helping drive the adoption of HP 3D printing technologies into the multiple markets. For this role we are seeking leaders with a unique combination of plastics engineering experience, injection molding, 3d design and manufacturing expertise. The ability to build relationships is extremely important. The ideal candidate is a doer, technically strong and with high customer focus. This role will support the all markets and the ideal candidate will be located in either Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois or Ohio.
· Responsible for providing technical solutions to customer applications that allow rapid commercialization in all markets.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Plastics, Product Design or Materials Science is a must. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 5-10 years plastics experience. Minimum of 5 years design experience.
· Must have CAD / Design experience. Knowledge of 3d printing is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas: Design, Materials, 3D, and plastic engineering, injection molding part design.
· Ability to effectively communicate solutions and interact with customers at all levels in the organization.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· Experience with Multi Jet Fusion.
· Knowledge about customer needs in vertical markets such as automotive, prosthetics and medical devices is a plus.
· Involvement with professional societies such as SPE, ASME with a proven ability to present at seminars and conferences.
· Demonstrated experience in design for additive manufacturing techniques and tools.
Midwest Area is preferable.
up to 50% of the time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org