Website H.C Starck Solutions
Boston area Process Engineer needed
Responsible for the development, oversight and improvement of all manufacturing processes within the respective product lines. Ensures that all processes accurately reflect the production practices, costing is adequate and quality requirements meets or exceeds customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Develop, document and oversee the manufacturing process for respective product line, which includes development and implementation of OPC’s, Routes & BOMs in cooperation with manufacturing and quality control to ensure that all applicable standards are met or exceeded.
· In conjunction with quality control and quality assurance to resolve nonconforming material issues, customer complaints, perform root cause investigations and implement operational corrective and preventative actions to solve technical, process and/or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations and processes.
· Apply statistics, engineering and team-building concepts to evaluate and improve processing costs and product yields.
· Provide technical support to customers in an effort to define product/process requirements or troubleshoot existing materials or applications.
· Identify process constraints / bottlenecks and work with operations to devise cost effective solutions.
· Recommend changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy and raw materials.
· Provide process related training to production, quality, and metallurgical lab staff.
· Collaborate with sales and marketing to provide technical ‘know how” of our products and/or processes.
· Partner with engineering staff to enhance expertise or our products and processes
· Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Metallurgical engineering or Materials Science
· 3-5 years of experience in a similar or related metals manufacturing environment
· Certified Green Belt or Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
· SAP experience a plus
· CAD experience preferred
· Ability to communicate proficiently both orally and in writing using the English language
· This position may require the applicant to be licensed under certain United States laws and regulations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com