Summary of Position:
As a Senior Firmware Engineer are expected to drive embedded software architecture decisions. You will interface with an interdisciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to understand system design requirements and translate them into embedded requirements. Based on these requirements, you will develop code (primarily in C) to control various printer subsystems. You will also be responsible for documenting and testing both subsystem and high-level printer operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the embedded software architecture for Fortify’s printing system.
• Own embedded software development throughout the product lifecycle.
• Write test plans and procedures to validate functional performance of printer subsystems.
• Develop verification scripts; execute and write test reports.
• Contribute to system design brainstorms and design reviews.
• BSEE, CS or equivalent.
• 5+ years developing firmware with C or C++ in embedded environments.
• Knowledge of common microcontroller platforms such as ARM and PIC.
• Experience developing firmware on both bare-metal and real-time operating systems.
• Understanding of common microcontroller peripherals, such as timers, ADCs, DACs, communication ports (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.).
• Demonstrated skill using lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers) to bring-up and troubleshoot hardware.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation.
• Experience writing Python for build and test automation.
• Working knowledge of version control using Git or Subversion.
Highly Desirable Skills:
• Experience with power electronics.
• Knowledge of motor/motion control.
Fortify is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity and do not discriminate against different races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identifications, marital status, age, disability or service in the military. If you are interested in applying, or have questions regarding the opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org