To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, we’re looking for a hands on engineering technician to help us build the impossible. You’ll be working with our print process team to invent, develop, and advance our core printing technology. The print process team sits at the intersection of all our engineering disciplines and combines pragmatic engineering with science to invent the best way to print in 3D.
Are you organized, thorough, and good at meticulously gathering data points? Are you a strong communicator and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, work environment? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you to join our team as an R&D Engineering Technician.
- Design and run experiments on prototype next generation printers.
- Meticulously log data and outcomes and communicate them effectively within the team.
- Fine-tune printing parameters and find optimum conditions via design of experiments.
- Help debug mechanical issues on prototype hardware or instrumentation, fix them, or propose a solution.
- Take part in organizing the workspace and work environment.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to coordinate installation of new prototype hardware.
- Able to work autonomously after given a set of tasks and deadlines.
- Have experience with experimental design (DOE) and data analysis and plotting.
- Are comfortable with programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab.
- Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks/OpenScad a plus)
- B.S. in a STEM field
- Pictures of your work or links to portfolio get higher priority so please include!
- Previous work on a consumer product.
- Familiar with command-line tools (e.g. ssh) and able to navigate a terminal interface.