Formlabs is expanding access to digital fabrication.
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our settings are what brings Formlabs’ innovations in materials, hardware, software and print processes to life for our users. The Settings & Optimizations (SetOps) group is a collaborative, diverse team excited about continuously improving the performance of our settings in order to deliver the best print performance and user experience in the industry. As a Print Optimization Engineer on SetOps, you will contribute to this by developing unique test techniques, designing and executing experiments, developing tools for data analysis, and facilitating the release of settings into the market. You will collaborate closely with several R&D and engineering teams to deeply understand the interaction of the technologies as well as product and marketing teams to incorporate user behaviors into your processes. Your new and improved settings will be released directly to users where the impact will be immediate and measurable.
If you’re excited about optimizing a material process, directly seeing the impact of your work, and interfacing with teams across the product development cycle all in a fast-growing company and creative environment, then we want you as a Print Optimization Engineer!
- Optimize settings for new and existing materials, hardware, print processes, and software to achieve the desired performance and properties.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot setting-related challenges, provide setting guidance to internal teams, and decide on setting updates to improve print and/or material performance.
- Design and execute experiments: thoughtfully think through potential outcomes, critically evaluate assumptions, take meaningful measurements, and interpret results to inform subsequent steps or conclusions.
- Manage and facilitate the regular release of new settings and setting updates.
- Create, edit, manage, and execute SOPs for tuning, testing, validating, and releasing print settings.
- Develop tools that aid in testing, evaluating, managing, or monitoring setting changes.
- Collaborate across materials, hardware, software, and product teams to agree on testing plans, key success metrics, and implementation methods.
- Independently make and execute on experimental plans.
- Review and analyze data to reach correct conclusions.
- Accurately evaluate assumptions, balancing their associated risks with project progress.
- Have experience optimizing a materials-related process.
- Have a basic understanding of Python programming.
- Familiar with mechanical design and CAD modeling.
- Comfortable taking a project from start to finish.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in an engineering discipline (preference toward Mechanical, Materials, and Chemical)
- Participated in the release of a new product
- Experience with additive manufacturing; specifically SLS
- Design of experiments (DOE) experience
- Experience with OnShape
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com