Website Fast Radius
Fast Radius is looking for an experienced engineer to work on various new product design and development engineering programs, ensuring projects are completed on time and meet our customer’s expectations. These projects involve product design, mechanical design, and manufacturing engineering skill sets. The design and development engineer leads the customer through the new product development (NPD) phase-gate process ensuring the product meets all requirements and a successful production launch.
Additionally, this role works closely with our other technical teams to build new digital design, analysis, and manufacturing capabilities to help grow our business.
About the Role:
- Lead engineering work on new product design and development projects through the NPD process in partnership with strategic customers
- Work with digital tools (CAD, FEA, CFD, etc) to develop, mature, and analyze designs to ensure all product requirements are met
- Provide design engineering support and project management structure to customer projects
- Collaborate with application engineering, program management, and customer success teams to ensure customers are provided with best-in-class support
- Communicate effectively with functional leaders in manufacturing, program management, and sales
- Work collaboratively to come up with creative and outside-the-box solutions to complex problems facing the team and organization
- Enjoys working with customers to help them design and manufacture new products into the marketplace while meeting product requirements
- Experience working in a structured engineering development process with customers (stage-gate process)
- Experience designing and developing components and assemblies from concept to production in the consumer goods or automotive industries
- Strong familiarity and proficiency with CAD modeling software including surface modeling for components and assembly design (Solidworks is a plus but not required)
- Experience in creating and releasing 3D parts and engineering drawings (Experience with automotive PPAP process is a plus)
- Experience developing components using both additive (DLS, MJF, FDM, SLA) and traditional manufacturing (IM, CNC, sheet metal) processes
- Experience analyzing dimensional data and providing insights into design and/or process optimization
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis for structural or heat transfer applications.
- Experience writing automation scripts or workflows in Python, C++, Matlab, or similar (A plus but not required)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and interested in learning more about new engineering tools and manufacturing technologies
- Thrives in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, materials science, and engineering, or related field (Masters or Doctorate are a plus)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.