Do you want to push boundaries on new technologies? Fabric8Labs, headquartered in sunny San Diego, CA, is revolutionizing metal additive manufacturing with advanced 3D printing technologies. We’re looking for an Electroplating Engineer to help develop our electrochemical additive manufacturing platform and associated materials.
Fabric8Labs is focused on accelerating metal additive manufacturing adoption and enabling new applications with our patented Electrochemical Additive Manufacturing processes. Since closing our Series A funding round, we are rapidly expanding our team to advance and commercialize our disruptive technology.
As an Electroplating Engineer, you’ll be a crucial part of our materials development team and will assist in the analysis and formulation of our electrolytic plating systems. You will be hands-on and will have to quickly solve critical issues, using your skills and intuition across a broad spectrum of chemical and electroplating applications.
If you are excited about the opportunity to change the future of manufacturing in collaboration with our growing team, then come join us! Backed by industry-leading partners, including Mark Cuban, Intel Capital, TDK Ventures, and Stanley Black and Decker: Fabric8Labs is at the forefront of advanced manufacturing and we are excited to bring in diverse minds and perspectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop and characterize electroplating recipes of precious metals
– Develop Design of Experiments (DOE), and assess impacts that changes in electrochemical feedstock have on material properties
– Handle, prepare, and analyze electrochemical feedstocks
– Perform literature reviews, and develop experimental plans based off research and data
– Generate, document, and follow experimental procedures and protocols
– Work with other engineers, scientists, and technicians in develop and implement solutions to technical plating challenges.
Required Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or other related fields.
– Industry experience in electroplating or semiconductor Via plating (TSVs, TGVs) preferred but not required.
– Ability to work in an agile lab scale environment
– Experience with performing electroanalytical techniques with potentiostats
– Experience with in-situ analysis of process chemistries
– Ability to perform literature research or review and identify relevant publications
– Some mechanical skill: performing assembly of test apparatus, ordinary systems maintenance
Why Work at Fabric8Labs?
– We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: health, dental, and vision plans; 401(k) with employer match; and an unmetered vacation policy.
– Regular catered company events and celebrations, and a fully stocked breakroom!
– We have a collaborative and driven work environment, with interesting work and research.
Fabric8Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Fabric8Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org