Do you want to join a fast paced team that is developing ground breaking technology? Fabric8Labs, headquartered in sunny San Diego, CA, is revolutionizing metal additive manufacturing. We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our team and bring customer designs from initial concepts to high-volume manufacturing.
Fabric8Labs is revolutionizing metal additive manufacturing with advanced 3D printing technologies. We are focused on accelerating metal additive manufacturing adoption and enabling new applications with our patented Electrochemical Additive Manufacturing (ECAM) processes. Since closing our Series A funding round, we are rapidly expanding our team to advance and commercialize our disruptive technology.
As an Applications Engineer, you will lead the end-to-end delivery of customer part development from initial proof of concept to high volume manufacturing. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, and will be required to perform across multiple disciplines including customer development, engineering, manufacturing, test, and quality inspection. You should be comfortable managing multiple projects at a high-level, while also getting into the data and technical details, including getting your hands dirty with printer operation and testing activities.
If you are excited about the opportunity to change the future of manufacturing in collaboration with our growing team, then come join us! Backed by industry-leading partners, including Mark Cuban, Intel Capital, TDK Ventures, and Stanley Black and Decker: Fabric8Labs is at the forefront of advanced manufacturing and we are excited to bring in diverse minds and perspectives.
– Work directly with customers and with our internal teams to qualify customer part opportunities for technical and business-case viability.
– Guide development of each part from initial proof of concept into high-volume production.
– Serve as the technical project manager for multiple customer development projects, including defining and aligning customer requirements, developing a timeline and resource plan to meet the requirements, and executing this plan.
– Operate multiple 3D printers, lead and/or performing post-printing inspection and test activities, and prepare technical reports and presentations to summarize results and status.
– Collaborate with internal R&D teams to iterate printing parameters and refine current systems based on direct experiences with customers.
– Become an expert in Fabric8Labs technology and manufacturing process, including its advantages relative to competing additive technologies and conventional manufacturing methods. Maintain up-to-date situational awareness on the status of mature and emerging manufacturing technologies.
Required Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Science, or related field
– 1+ years of relevant professional experience
– Experience in manufacturing of metal parts and an understanding of available processes, quality inspection techniques and reporting methods, and various test methods for determining material properties and sub-component performance
– Understanding of metallurgical properties of various metal alloys
– Project management skills, with strong interest in supporting and/or eventually leading complex projects with interdisciplinary stakeholders. Must be able to foresee and mitigate project risks and potential issues, and to effectively communicate plans to customers and internal stakeholders
– Growth mindset with a determined, results-driven approach to meet customer objectives
– Ability to comfortably navigate ambiguity and resolve unexpected challenges
– Hands on experience with 3D modeling: parametric design and analysis of solid models (e.g. in Solidworks), as well as manipulation of 3D design files. Strong grasp of GD&T and the ability to read, analyze, and author engineering drawings
Preferred Skills and Experience
– Master’s degree in Engineering and/or business (MBA)
– Knowledge in one or more key market verticals such as: thermal management, electronics, semiconductor packaging, RF, or medical devices
– Experience with developing or programming in Python
– Knowledge of electrochemistry and/or inorganic chemistry
Why Work at Fabric8Labs?
– We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: health, dental, and vision plans; 401(k) with employer match; and an unmetered vacation policy.
– Regular catered company events and celebrations, and a fully stocked breakroom!
– We have a collaborative and driven work environment, with interesting work and research.
Fabric8Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Fabric8Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.