Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
At Essentium we’re on a mission to change how things are made by creating world-class materials and machines. As part of that mission, we are hiring the best and brightest in our field to join our team to move manufacturing forward. The Key Account Director is a key position in that mission as they will enable more of our customers to experience the difference of our materials in their manufacturing processes. The Key Account Director will be a critical part of our sales team as they work with customers to build solutions to their manufacturing needs. In collaboration with the commercial sales team and marketing team, you will be responsible for driving growth and achieving sales to further the Essentium brand in manufacturing.
This position is highly suited for an entrepreneurial, driven sales person who has the ability to set priorities and execute and has broad experience in 3d printing and materials. The Key Account Director at Essentium will work with both the Applications Development Team and the Sales Team to focus on industrial applications for manufacturers – specifically tooling, jigs and fixtures solutions on the manufacturing floor. The Key Account Director will work in cross-functional manner across the different teams to lend insight how our applications are developed over time. Initial focus will be to work with a major manufacturer to develop understanding and processes for manufacturing work aids.
- Build relationships and sales strategies for key customers and prospects of Essentium
- Drive awareness, adoption, and new contacts in major manufacturing companies
- Develop and proactively sell to list of prospects to land net new logos for Essentium
- Identify customer use cases for Essentium technology and facilitate application development to match the needs of the customer – i.e. materials, machines, processes
- Meet with clients and discuss their needs and collaboratively build solutions and developing out total solution pricing including the full ecosystem around the printer
- Recommend products to customers based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Develop proposals for current or prospective customers
- Will work in partnership with Marketing team to take a lead from generation to close
- Work with application engineering team to build business cases for potential customers
- Attending tradeshows and networking events in order to expand the Essentium brand and develop new partnerships and sales activities
- Work with marketing team to identify use cases for public marketing which may include presenting webinars, writing case studies, presenting at conferences
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing teams to develop new ways to upsell and cross sell products and services
- Ability to achieve and exceed quotas set by Sales Leadership
- Work closely with Service Delivery team to ensure the proper planning and delivery of Essentium solutions according to customers’ needs and expectations
- Customer centric visits (in person, virtually, phone based, etc) and support after the initial sale to manage current and future customers
- Monitor and analyze current customers’ use of Essentium products to drive follow-up sales into same locations and other divisions/locations
- Assist with printer installs and customer issues as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past work with a sales CRM – preferably Salesforce
- Proven track record of success in direct sales, and understanding of the channel
- At least 5 yrs Sales experience, preferably 3D printing, manufacturing, or technology
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate, present, communicate and influence at every level of a customer’s organization -specifically with executive and C-suite
Travel can vary depending on customer opportunities. Candidate should be comfortable with domestic travel that can be up to 50% to 75% of the time. This will be to meet with customers and their engineering and scientific teams. International Travel is not a frequent need, but there may be unique requests where that is necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com