Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Sr. Controls Engineer
Essentium is fundamentally changing how things are made. As innovators in both materials and production platforms, we are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes by bringing strength and speed together, at scale, with a no compromise material set. We are committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
Essentium is committed to hiring and developing top talent. Company culture is a major priority, as well as a team member’s dedication to the mission, ability to learn quickly, and humble attitude. Team members can expect to be challenged, mentored, respected, and appreciated. We only want team members who will give maximum effort on a daily basis and take ownership of their spheres of influence.
We are currently looking to fill a Sr. Controls Engineer / Programmer position to support our team in Irvine, CA location.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Extensive work with coordinated-motion programming (drive, controller and host levels) in systems from various servo drive vendors
- Programming – C++, C#, PLCOpen, embedded (vendor-specific), .NET, WinX
- Kinematics, ballistics, signal processing, computational geometry
- Sensing and instrumentation, incl. image processing for controls input
- Process design and optimization
- Agile Program management and coordination with large software programs
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, CS (with hardware experience)
- Extensive experience in design/build/test – this is a hands-on job
- Experience with Advanced Motion Controls Click-and-Move architecture a plus
- Some CAD (SolidWorks preferred) – simulation/FEA a plus
- Strong knowledge of mechatronics and components – bearings, motors, encoders, controllers, dynamic structures
- Self-motivated and self-directed – comfortable working in a lean, fast, agile team
- Good English communication skills – Mandarin, Japanese, German, Spanish a plus
- Excellent organization and prioritization of daily tasks and projects
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining progress toward completing the overall goal
- Ability to travel domestically 3-5 days per month. 2-3 international trips per year may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com