Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The company is looking to hire a full-time skilled Senior Mechanical Engineer. This individual will work with the Essentium R&D team to develop our latest equipment and explore industry disrupting new concepts. They will be responsible for proof-of-concept evaluation; prototype development; system testing and characterization of mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and dynamics for industrial equipment with hands-on experience.
Essentium is fundamentally changing how things are made. As innovators in both materials and production platforms, we are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes by bringing strength and speed together, at scale, with a no compromise material set. We are committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
Essentium is committed to hiring and developing top talent. Company culture is a major priority, as well as a team member’s dedication to the mission, ability to learn quickly, and humble attitude. Team members can expect to be challenged, mentored, respected, and appreciated. We only want team members who will give maximum effort on a daily basis and take ownership of their spheres of influence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- BSME or similar degree with 7+ years product development experience
- 5+ years’ experience with 3D CAD design and finite element analysis (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with mathematical modeling of mechanics/dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced team members on proper engineering practices
- Complete life-cycle experience of an industrial machinery
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small, dynamic team
- Must prioritize work and manage multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Open to travel to support manufacturing (Southeast Asia) and first machine deployments (US domestic)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- Willing to work full-time at Essentium West in Irvine, CA or at Essentium HQ in Pflugerville, TX
- Experience with MS Office applications
PREFERRENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- MSEE or similar
- Experience in use and design of servo control and industrial equipment
- Knowledge in additive manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience designing for Compliance requirements, including safety certifications
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with scripting-level coding
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and support complex mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems for industrial equipment.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Support final product design including testing and certification
- Support applications and service/support teams with customer issues
- Support contract manufacturer with product builds and training
- Schedule and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org