Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Job Title: Project Manager, Machines & Engineering
Essentium, Inc. is disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators in both filament materials and additive manufacturing production platforms. Currently headquartered in Pflugerville, TX, we are dedicated to building a globally recognized suite of capabilities in the manufacturing innovation sector and are looking for experienced industry leadership coupled with smart, passionate, entrepreneurial, inventive, and driven people to help us achieve this goal and thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Our customers are based across the world and include class leaders in the contract manufacturing/electronics manufacturing service providers, semiconductor capital equipment, medical device, aerospace, automotive, consumer products, energy & chemical, and government sectors.
We are currently looking to fill a Project Manager, Machines & Engineering position to support our team in Irvine, California.
Essentium’s product offerings are expanding in scope and volume. With this growth, a need for controlled project management processes and execution are required to keep product development for 3D printing machines on track. Reporting to the Head of Program Management, Essentium is looking for a Project Manager to take ownership of machine development projects, produce documentation, meet with stakeholders, and communicate status updates to top level management.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading several 3D printing machine development projects at the same time while developing detailed documentation and reporting metrics on each project scope, timeline, and budget. They will be responsible for calling cross functional team meetings to obtain and divulge the information required to continue successful operations on each project. Reports, dashboards, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other analysis tools and outputs are to be used to analyze and communicate project health, status, and risks to all stakeholders. Key status updates on the progress for each machine will be led by the Project Manager to top level management on a regular basis.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage multiple machine projects
- Develop documentation for scope, timeline, budget for each project
- Use of Smartsheets and PowerBI to develop reporting and dashboard tools
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and top-level management
- Identification of key project risks and solutions
- Project management process evaluation and improvement
Bachelor of Science required in either engineering, engineering management, project management, or other related fields.
Proven experience & skills required:
- At least 5-7 years’ experience of multiple project management
- Background or technical knowledge in electro-mechanical systems or robotics
- Proven track record of successful project completion
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High energy attitude, proactive problem-solving mentality, willing to take initiative to own new projects and problems without management direction
- Team player who works well with many professional background types
- Constant desire to identify problems and improve the process
- Clear, concise, and thorough documentation skills
- Developed understanding of software systems, including spreadsheet, database, and power query (experience with SmartSheets and PowerBI preferred but not required)
- Developed communication skills and presentation abilities
- Ability to influence stakeholders without direct authority
Physical demands and environmental factors:
- In office presence in our Irvine office required
Objectives and performance measurements:
- Multiple machine project management and documentation
- Machine project completion to established scope, timeline, and budget
- Weekly and biweekly status updates to various stakeholder groups
- Clear documentation for each machine project including a project plan and risks
Cross functional partnerships:
The Project Manager, Machines & Engineering will report to the Head of Program Management. They will obtain information from groups and departments including but not limited to Engineering, Research and Development, New Product Introduction, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Commercial, Software, Services, Process Engineering, and Applications Engineering. The Project Manager will report information to these groups and be responsible for keeping the Head of Program Management and top-level management up to date on project status and risks.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com