Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Essentium, Inc. is disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators in both filament materials and additive manufacturing production platforms. Headquartered in Pflugerville, TX, we are dedicated to building a globally recognized suite of capabilities in the manufacturing innovation sector and are looking for experienced industry leadership coupled with smart, passionate, entrepreneurial, inventive, and driven people to help us achieve this goal and thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Our customers are based across the world and include class leaders in the contract manufacturing/electronics manufacturing service providers, semiconductor capital equipment, medical device, aerospace, automotive, consumer products, energy & chemical, and government sectors.
We are currently looking to fill a CAD/PDM Administrator positions to support our team in Irvine, CA.
The company is looking to hire a full-time skilled CAD Administrator. The candidate should be able to apply mechanical design expertise to deliver innovative design system solutions, cost reductions, and reliability improvements on a range of CAD systems. Work effectively on a team of mechanical engineers as well as with outsourced engineering & manufacturing resources to deliver production-ready designs on time and budget, while meeting aggressive cost targets. Execute thorough and efficient system development initiatives. This is a startup opportunity within the context of a large company.
- Administrate the Solidworks PDM Professional vault
- 3D Solid Modeling CAD in Solidworks 2016+, and file management in Solidworks PDM Professional
- Maintain the standard parts library by enforcing specific rules and ensuring model and data accuracy
- Monitor & manage workflows, templates, specifications as necessary
- Troubleshoot end user issues and act as a liaison between engineering and IT
- Improve and maintain the engineering change management system
- New engineer onboarding, training, and software setup
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting from and ABET accredited university (or equivalent)
Proven Experience & Skills required:
- 3+ years’ experience successfully administering a CAD database in a production environment handling large multi-CAD assemblies, across several products lines.
- 3+ years’ experience managing large CAD system filing with assembly’s 500+ parts
- Experience documenting electrical, mechanical and assembly processes.
- Documenting assembly processes and workflows a plus.
- Understanding of revision control & change management using PDM
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances), and their effective use in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques: Sheet metal, Mill/Lathe/EDM, Fasteners/Welding/adhesives, 3d Printing, casting/forging, coating/plating, etc…
- Wide range of Mechanical & Thermodynamic materials inventory & documentation knowledge including Metals, polymers, Ceramics,
- Balance of analytical and practical hands-on emphasis
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills including the ability to develop & deliver clear and concise reports & presentations using Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Able to work in a shop/laboratory environment to assemble, test, and troubleshoot prototypes
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally on short notice to work with our teams all over the world.
- Able to commute and work onsite at Irvine, CA office location.
Objectives and Performance Standards:
- To effectively maintain a large multi-CAD database, with less than X% changes required due to error, <24hr global response times for critical updates & approvals.
- Support customers and manufacturing partners with timely feedback around design changes, and their implementation
- Usage and improvement feedback of various engineering specifications to ensure quality and efficiency in design and manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with R&D, Electrical, Testing, Manufacturing, Field service, and Supply Chain functions
- Willingness to take on aggressive and marginally achievable deliverables, and to work long hours to deliver on commitments
- Will need to be tightly connected with the Engineering Change control process and its Team, following up with changes across multiple groups and pushing regular updates to our contract manufacturers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com