Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
This position works directly with Essentium’s commercial customers to help achieve manufacturing goals by providing design, process, product specific solutions, resolving production challenges associated with 3D printing, and providing operation training for equipment within the Essentium product portfolio.
- Develop expertise in the design for additive manufacturing, coach and train customers on the best practices as applied to the HSE, high-speed extrusion, a type of FDM 3D printing process.
- Develop expertise in applications development and demonstration of 3D printing of sample parts on the HSE platforms.
- Develop technical expertise with Essentium machines and materials while working directly with customers by providing solutions for applications across multiple value streams.
- Attain a high level of proficiency in operating the HSE Machines, demonstrating the printing process and providing training to customers.
- Listen to, provide feedback, and help customers to develop relevant additive manufacturing strategy.
- Educate customers on the benefits of Essentium hardware and materials portfolio and when required, provide onsite Tier 1 and 2 level technical support.
- Work closely with the various commercial teams including marketing, applications engineering, global sales, logistics, and global support and services to ensure consistent quality customer experience across all commercial relationships.
- Work with the new product introduction team to help provide “Voice of Customer” feedback.
- Work with the materials development team to introduce new materials to customers
- Assist customers to identify materials from the Essentium portfolio for specific use cases in accordance with product requirements.
- Develop expertise in the use of slicing software for 3D printing and coach customers on best practices.
- Will be expected to travel up to 50% or more for customer site training, equipment installations, or trade shows, some may require international travel.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Polymer Materials
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating 3D printers or comparable through course work or job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer facing service experience
- Competence with CAD tools. Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of extrusion-based or FDM type 3D printing, 3D printers and general knowledge of the 3D printing industry is desired.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Be able to lift heavy items (15+ kg.) on a regular basis
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written Italian, and English.
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with ability to listen well.
- We are in a high growth mode, so candidates must be passionate, self-motivated, problem solvers, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn and grow in the Additive Manufacturing Industry
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of innovation concepts and practices
- Candidates with 3+ years of work experience in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry
- Customer Relationship Management experience
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.