Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Essentium, Inc. is disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators in both filament materials and additive manufacturing production platforms. Currently headquartered in Pflugerville, TX, we are dedicated to building a globally recognized suite of capabilities in the manufacturing innovation sector and are looking for experienced industry leadership coupled with smart, passionate, entrepreneurial, inventive and driven people to help us achieve this goal and thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Our customers are based across the world and include class leaders in the contract manufacturing/electronics manufacturing service providers, semiconductor capital equipment, medical device, aerospace, automotive, consumer products, energy & chemical, and government sectors.
We are currently looking to fill a Director, Software Strategy position to support our team in Austin, TX location.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, CIO and Sr Director Software to orchestrate development and maintenance of technology roadmaps, help define direction of products and technology, and work closely with decision makers to ensure our customers’ needs are met and exceeded.
- Define holistic product software strategy for Essentium
- Develop and build strong industry partnerships and help identify potential acquisition candidates.
- Lead efforts to strengthen our AI and workflow portfolio of capabilities.
- Understand and architect full-stack solutions for existing and future product lines.
- Understand and direct UI/UX for hardware and software products.
- Assist machine embedded compute design team
- Assist with hiring and growth of an existing team of high-quality embedded and software engineers.
- Ability to articulate software strategy to investors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field required, Masters preferred
- 7 or more years of experience within-multi project product development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and lead in a highly innovative, rapidly changing environment
- Minimum 2 years developing and architecting large scale software solution on AWS or Azure
- Minimum 5 years developing software utilizing Microsoft development tools and frameworks such as C#, .NET Core, SQL Server, SignalR, Redis, Cloud Storage, etc.
- Clear understanding of security and experience securing files at-rest and inflight.
- Experience architecting and developing web applications using modern frameworks such as Angular or Blazor is a must.
- Experience developing or designing cross platform mobile apps is a plus.
- 3D printing experience extremely helpful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org