Disrupting traditional manufacturing processes as innovators
Essentium is fundamentally changing how things are made. As innovators in both materials and production platforms, we are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes by bringing strength and speed together, at scale, with a no compromise material set. We are committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
Essentium is committed to hiring and developing top talent. Company culture is a major priority, as well as a team member’s dedication to the mission, ability to learn quickly, and humble attitude. Team members can expect to be challenged, mentored, respected, and appreciated. We only want team members who will give maximum effort on a daily basis and take ownership of their spheres of influence.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- This position works directly with Essentium’s commercial customers to help achieve manufacturing goals by providing design, process, product specific solutions, resolving production challenges associated with 3D printing, and providing operation training for equipment within the Essentium product portfolio.
- Develop expertise in the design for additive manufacturing, coach and train customers on the best practices as applied to the HSE, high-speed extrusion, a type of FDM 3D printing process.
- Develop expertise in applications development and demonstration of 3D printing of sample parts on the HSE platforms.
- Develop technical expertise with Essentium machines and materials while working directly with customers by providing solutions for applications across multiple value streams.
- Attain a high level of proficiency in operating the HSE Machines, demonstrating the printing process and providing training to customers.
- Listen to, provide feedback, and help customers to develop relevant additive manufacturing strategy.
- Educate customers on the benefits of Essentium hardware and materials portfolio and when required, provide onsite Tier 1 and 2 level technical support.
- Work closely with the various commercial teams including marketing, applications engineering, global sales, logistics, and global support and services to ensure consistent quality customer experience across all commercial relationships.
- Work with the new product introduction team to help provide “Voice of Customer” feedback.
- Work with the materials development team to introduce new materials to customers
- Assist customers to identify materials from the Essentium portfolio for specific use cases in accordance with product requirements.
- Develop expertise in the use of slicing software for 3D printing and coach customers on best practices.
- Will be expected to travel up to 50% or more for customer site training, equipment installations, or trade shows, some may require international travel.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Polymer Materials
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating 3D printers or comparable through course work or job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer facing service experience
- Competence with CAD tools. Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of extrusion-based or FDM type 3D printing, 3D printers and general knowledge of the 3D printing industry is desired.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Be able to lift heavy items (15+ kg.) on a regular basis
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills with ability to listen well.
- We are in a high growth mode, so candidates must be passionate, self-motivated, problem solvers, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn and grow in the Additive Manufacturing Industry
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of innovation concepts and practices
- Candidates with 3+ years of work experience in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the Semiconductor industry
- Customer Relationship Management experience
COMPANY PERKS & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, discretionary PTO policy, and more. We are an open to remote work environment.
Essentium values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com