Position: Technical Program Manager
We are a high-growth manufacturing technology company, based in Los Angeles, seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Program Manager to lead our customer programs with Global OEMs from planning through execution.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Program Management, work closely with multiple team leaders from the Senior Management Team, and take a “hands-on” execution approach. This role will lead the execution of multiple customer programs simultaneously, as well as lead the development of critical R&D efforts. While Divergent’s primary focus is within automotive, the customer base spans across multiple industries including automotive, aerospace, aviation, transportation and agriculture. The Technical Program Manager role will ensure that the customer requirements are well understood and well documented and that the design, manufacturing and assembly of the products meet and exceed all requirements on time and within budget.
What You’ll Do:
– Create and manage customer programs overall plan and timing with clear internal and external checkpoints and milestones to support customer timing
– Work closely with cross-functional technical teams to ensure that program deliverables and milestones are defined, scheduled and executed on time and budget
– Communicate directly with customers engineering teams in order to ensure requirements and deliverables are met on time and to the customer’s satisfaction
– Provide program reporting and KPI input weekly; presentation materials with input from programs to effectively communicate the status; other ad-hoc reporting as applicable
– Prioritize resources within the organization and facilitate internal stakeholder alignment to ensure that multiple customer programs’ objectives are met as well as continuous internal technology development resource needs
– Support customer proposal creation on an as needed basis in combination with business development, finance, and technical teams
– Support engineering teams in achieving resolution of any gridlock, rather than merely report status. Must have the leadership ability and intelligence to drive “hands on” execution of a highly motivated and intelligent team under intense time constraints
– Manage program budget to the agreed-upon spending plan, and utilize cost tracking and reporting tools
– Manage scope, timing, and cost impacts to the program due to change requests
What You’ll Have:
– 5+ years of experience with executing customer programs in technical environments, including full product life cycle experience in automotive full vehicle programs or system level programs under product delivery time pressure
– BS or MS in Engineering. PMP and Scrummaster certification is desired
– 3+ years of experience in a highly technical lead engineering role
– Experience with PLM (Teamcenter) enterprise software Confluence and Jira is desired
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Proven ability to collaborate with multi-domain technical teams
– Ability to thrive and deliver on goals and objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a high growth emerging technology field
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.