Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
The current auto manufacturing system is economically and environmentally broken. Divergent invented a manufacturing system that combines software, additive manufacturing, and assembly technologies to radically reduce the material, energy, time and capital required to design and build vehicles. This will transform the automotive industry from capital intensive to innovation intensive while dramatically reducing the lifecycle environmental impact of vehicles. We have been recognized for our disruptive innovation, receiving the Frost & Sullivan Innovation of the Year and the inaugural Petersen Innovation in the Automotive Industry awards as well as being named a Google Moonshot company.
Your Role: Systems Engineer
What You’ll Do:
· Lead the development of new feedback and control schemes for Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment to be integrated into an automated AM enabled manufacturing environment.
· Investigate sensing and measurement systems that can be used to improve AM process stability and repeatability.
· Develop system architecture and topology, as well as generate design specifications at the systems and sub-system levels of the 3D printers.
· Specify, develop, and test of control, motion, and sensing systems.
· Work cross-functionally with system engineers and AM experts in improving process performance, stability, and robustness.
· Architecture and implement system integrations as needed.
· Plan, design, and oversee tests to quantify and validate performance of new subsystems.
· Provide technical leadership on control and sensing related systems.
· Work with Structural Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Engineers and testing teams to develop business capabilities, technical strategies, implementation strategies and architectures.
What You Have:
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent.
· 5+ years of track record of developing robust and maintainable systems through a full cycle development process.
· Prior experience developing electro-mechanical systems prototypes and taking those designs to production.
· Hands on experience with electrical and mechanical system design and performance tuning.
· Experience with data acquisition systems, sensor feedback, and controls.
· Familiarity with AM processes and machines.
· Programming experience for data acquisition, controls, and data processing.
· Solid interpersonal skills, skilled at interfacing with and influencing engineering and manufacturing stakeholders to establish system designs and understand the associated constraints.
· Experience designing and delivering metal additive manufacturing systems.
· Experience with PLC and industrial control systems interfacing, data busses, and programming.
· Capture and analysis of data with Labview and MATLAB
· Design, development, and analysis of optical systems.
· Familiarity with various types of sensors and sensing systems.
· Simulation of electrical and electromagnetic systems. (SPICE, ANSYS, COMSOL, etc.)
· Experience with various sensing systems including optical and electromagnetic based systems.
· Understanding of the physical principles of thermal, optical, mechanical, and electromagnetic systems.
· Operations of CNC machines and understanding of G-Code.
· Familiarity with precision assemblies and motion mechanics.
· Experience working in a Start-up environment.
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.