Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: Senior Additive Manufacturing Operator
Divergent is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Additive Manufacturing Operator to run our current and next generation Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment. In addition to our DMLS / SLM capability and partnership, we are developing new deposition technologies. We are committed to establishing a new industrial standard of automotive manufacturing. To do this, we need a forward-looking and innovative team member who will help shape the future of manufacturing and its automation. This position may be on first or second shift.
What You’ll Do:
– Operate, maintain, and improve additive manufacturing machines to maximize part quality, machine up-time and production throughput, while meeting schedule expectations
– Track related consumable supplies and work with supply chain when additional supplies are required (procurement and maintenance of powders, hand tooling, build plates, process gas, filters, etc.)
– Follow standardized file systems, ensuring traceability of documentation for all machine related tasks
– Change machine materials and clean out machine when required
– Operate equipment to remove of powder from parts before post processing begins Set up machines for next builds using standardized methods and checklists
– Provide leadership to junior operators and enable them to become independently capable of all machine operations
– Manufacturing environment, work is often performed wearing PPE such as a respirator
What You’ll Have:
– High School Diploma, relevant manufacturing experience
– 5+ years of experience running laser powder bed fusion / selective laser melting equipment
– Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast moving, startup environment
– Solid interpersonal skills, capable of training junior operators
– Ability to effectively interface with engineering and manufacturing groups to understand and improve AM system designs
– Familiarity with the implementation and practice of quality processes in an ISO 9001, AS9100, and/or IATF 16949 environment
– The person in this position needs to frequently work in a factory environment to operate and repair machinery (up to 100%)
– Ability to walk, kneel, reach, climb, use hands to operate machinery in warehouse, as required
– Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, as required to execute a repair
– Experience with SLM Solutions additive manufacturing equipment, such as SLM280 and 500 machines
– Experience using Robotic Arms and PLC based automation equipment
– Basic understanding of welding behavior and metallurgy to include aluminum and nickel based alloys
– Operations of CNC machines and understanding of G-Code
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.