Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
This role will support the transition to production manufacturing with high-level planning including facility layout, factory simulation, and process flow analysis. Will also manage the implementation of MES, quality integration, and other systems. This head will be the manufacturing owner of parts/programs currently without representation.
What You’ll Do:
– Factory Planning: use AutoCAD to produce facility layouts. Create process flow diagrams to optimize resources. Act as liaison between departments to facilitate seamless production flow
– Process Planning: capacity analysis, line balancing, process sim, time studies, factory sim, and sequencing both within resources and as a full factory.
– Production Systems: onboard MES and quality systems. Liaison between mfg and PLM, ERP, etc. Upgrade systems for work instructions, part tracking, and data collection.
– Manufacturing Engineering: manufacturing owner for parts & programs. Provide DFM feedback and create control plans/PFMEAs. – – Define processes, write work instructions, floor support, prepare work centers, diagnose issues for corrective action, etc.
What You’ll Have:
– Bachelor’s in engineering, science, or similar
– 3 years minimum
– Industrial engineering, CAD, facility layout, process sim, issues & root cause analysis, process planning
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.