Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
The current auto manufacturing system is economically and environmentally broken. Divergent invented a manufacturing system that combines software, additive manufacturing, and assembly technologies to radically reduce the material, energy, time and capital required to design and build vehicles. This will transform the automotive industry from capital intensive to innovation intensive while dramatically reducing the lifecycle environmental impact of vehicles. We have been recognized for our disruptive innovation, receiving the Frost & Sullivan Innovation of the Year and the inaugural Petersen Innovation in the Automotive Industry awards as well as being named a Google Moonshot company.
Your Role: CNC Programmer
You will be working for an organization that values a strong collaboration between all operations functions to ensure we are designing optimal manufacturing processes that are safe, cost effective, reliable and maintainable. Your primary duty is to program 5-axis CNC mill and machine production Additive Manufacturing (AM) components. The secondary activities include machining of prototype components and hardware for assembly and test groups, use of CNC lathe, etc.
What You’ll Do:
– Program CNC machining equipment for finishing of additively manufactured components.
– Set-up and operation of machining equipment including mills, lathes and multi-axis machines.
– Work cross-functionally with design engineering staff delivering cost effective designs with manufacturability in mind.
– Provide guidance on metrology and inspection of complex components.
– Support Divergent’s 5S initiative, quality management systems (QMS) and adhere to industry standards including IATF 16949, AS9100, ISO 9001 and ISO14001.
What You Have:
– Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in machining high value components.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Certificate in Tooling & Machining Apprenticeship, Machinist Tech/CNC program.
– Experience machining castings and additively manufactured (AM) components, specify aluminum alloys, and stainless steels.
– Ability to work independently on manual and multi axis CNC mills, lathes.
– Experience designing fixtures required to machine non prismatic parts in a free state.
– Programing experience with Siemens NX CAM, Haas VPS and the ability to quickly learn new software and machine controls.
– Familiar with use of personal computers and standard business software such as MS Office.
– Familiarity with metal additive manufacturing processes.
– Strong knowledge of Haas and Fanuc controls.
– Strong blueprint reading skills including application of GD&T.
– Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
– Familiar with CMM operation.
– Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.).
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.