Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Position: CNC Programmer & Machinist
This role performs all aspects of the machining process including: process design, tool design & fabrication, CNC programming, machining of components, inspection, and general shop activities.
What You’ll Do:
– Use CAM to produce 3 and 5-axis milling programs for advanced machining projects in the 3d printing industry
– Setup and operate CNC mills to manufacture first article prototypes as well as production parts
– Design and fabricate tools to support needs ranging from single use R&D to high-rate production. Use CAD to design tools, jigs, and fixtures for machining operations
– Perform machine maintenance and other general shop activities
– Provide design for manufacturing feedback for new parts or programs. Advise as a technical expert and assist in the development of new machining related technology
What You’ll Have:
– 5 years minimum experience machining/programming
– Strong CAD/CAM skills (NX preferred)
– Tooling and fixture design experience on complex parts
– Experience with the machining of 3d printed or cast parts
– Prior background programming and/or operating large machines including gantry mills
– High-School / GED
– Comfortable bending, reaching, and lifting up to 30 lbs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.