Beehive3D’s sister company Falconwing Technologies (FWT)
- Are you passionate about Engineering, continually expanding your knowledge base and professional growth?
- Do you work with a high sense of urgency?
- Are you an experienced AM Metallurgical Expert who is seeking a new, exciting, and dynamic opportunity?
If you answered yes, there is an exciting opportunity for a Metallurgical Engineer at Beehive3D’s sister company Falconwing Technologies (FWT) at their SW Ohio Location near West Chester Township!
This Metallurgist role is a dynamic position whose function is to develop metal 3D printing processes to enable materials that are currently challenging to print to be printed successfully. Working closely with the Process Engineers, the Metallurgist will work as part of a team to develop the next generation of AM materials for aerospace and related applications. The metallurgist will be an expert in process-microstructure-property relationships in AM of aerospace alloys, will set up and manage a materials characterization facility which can match the turn-speed of the AM machines, and will manage relationships with Universities and National Labs who are needed to support the organization. Come Join Us!
The Metallurgist’s responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as metallurgical subject matter expert for the company
- Use knowledge of materials science to develop new materials and processes for the AM industry
- Set up a metallurgical characterization facility, and work as part of a team to characterize material produced by L-PBF and EBM processes
- Lead external research and development programs contributing to improved materials for AM
Manage metallurgical engineers and technicians, and be responsible for metallurgical lab equipment and performance
- Develop materials characterization methods to support the company’s metallurgical needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy or Materials Engineering
- 2 Years of metallurgical experience in industry or research labs
- Hands on experience with metals characterization techniques, including optical microscopy, SEM, chemical analysis
- Experience in developing automated analysis techniques, and automating report generation
- Data analytics experience
- This role will involve access to legally restricted technology, data and other information under the US Commerce Department’s Export Administration Regulations or the US State Department’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations under which US citizenship, US permanent residency, US asylee or refugee status or eligibility to obtain the appropriate government approvals or licenses must be verified before starting employment.
- Masters degree in Metallurgy or Materials Engineering
- 5 Years of metallurgical experience in industry or research labs
- Project management experience
- AM L-PBF and EBM process experience
- Experience with Python or equivalent programming languages
- Roll up sleeve attitude
- Methodical and systematic approach
- Teamwork centric
- Strong Oral and Writing Communication skills
- Interest in Lab work and Lab environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- This position is open at our SW Ohio Location near West Chester Township. Remote work is not possible. Relocation assistance may be available for exceptional candidates.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- The Company will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If you have passion to build, innovate, troubleshoot, work collaboratively, and desire to be part of a team that wants to win and have fun together, apply today!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software, technology or information controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Beehive3D must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position. Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Beehive3D ‘s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Beehive3D is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com