Website AMT-The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Analyst (Full-Time) in McLean, Virginia
About the team:
AMT’s strategic analytics team is responsible for planning, producing, and delivering market research and industry benchmarking surveys to customers ranging from high-growth startups to multinational corporations. With a foundation in economics as well as traditional metal cutting and forming technologies, the team is expanding coverage to include emerging technologies such as additive manufacturing, robotics, automation, and industrial software. You’ll be surrounded by a growing strategic analytics team based in McLean, VA with backgrounds as diverse as hard tech, investment banking, economics, aerospace engineering, consulting, and political science. The strategic analytics team collaborates with DevOps, audience development, content, marketing, membership and sales, exhibitions, and global services teams to grow AMT’s customer base, industry engagement, and thought leadership.
About the role:
Analysts are immersed in AMT’s proprietary market research products alongside independent sources to support hundreds of the top companies in the industry. The analyst role has the opportunity to create compelling research and deliver insights to industry leaders looking to make strategic decisions with confidence. As part of becoming a subject matter expert and building a personal brand, analysts accelerate their development by regularly attending and participating in trade shows and conferences. AMT analysts grow to become interdisciplinary experts across a combination of technology, business, finance, and entrepreneurship topics.
- Conduct research using a wide range of sources, including business and trade press, market reports, interviews, conference presentations, surveys, academic publications and patent filings
- Build relationships with AMT’s market research subscribers and the broader industry
- Produce and present market research to subscribers
- Attend and, in some cases, participate in trade shows and other industry events as an AMT representative
- Collaborate internally to prioritize market research tasks, subscriber needs, and analyst development
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or economics discipline; relevant graduate degrees helpful
- Strong listening, writing, and speaking abilities as well as attention to detail and organization; writing ability includes coverage of business and technical topics
- The role requires a collaborative approach within the research team where success is defined by meeting client needs as a group
- Prior research experience of any kind preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; familiarity with business analytics and data visualization packages helpful but not expected (PowerBI, SQL, Tableau, etc…)
- Full-time AMT employees are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Medical | Dental | Vision coverage – 100% of premiums covered for employees and eligible dependents
- Optional Work From Home Wednesdays
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Winter Break and select holidays
- 401k Plan (100% company match up to 6%, no vesting period)
- Free drinks/snacks/lunch catered monthly
Equal Opportunity Employer
AMT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.