Website Alexander Daniels Global
The only recruitment company focused on Additive Manufacturing
We are currently working with a market leading client on two very interesting positions; a product manager for metal and a product manager for plastics. Are you keen to manage the entire life cycle of a 3D printer, from concept stage to go-to-market and product marketing? Then this role might be something for you!
This role will be like an orchestra director, who’s responsibility is to coordinate the different instruments in the orchestra. The orchestra director will lead and coordinate several musical sections, create the vision for the orchestra’s direction, measure audience appreciation for the music, control the timing of the music, and manage relationships with press and financial backers. The Director must make every effort in fine tuning the orchestra as one wrong tune of the orchestra may distract the audience to the point of destroying a great composition.
Our client are looking for experienced product managers within one or more of the following industries: additive manufacturing-, plastic material-, metal material-, robotics- and/or industrial lasers.
- Assess customer profile and opportunity
- Assess value proposition and work with R&D team to stay on the right track
- Understand vertical needs, in coordination with vertical teams.
- Size opportunities.
- Support qualitative and quantitative engagements to gather new insights
- Develop value proposition and run adequate check points
- Define the content for all messaging related to the product
- Develop insights through community management & Customer engagements
- Owns a product line, with full responsibility for revenue and margin, for ship-to-order as well as configure-to-order products
- Aligns product offering with target customer segment, considering market trends and competitive landscape
- Acts as the product expert, with deep technical understanding, engaging with the Global Business Unit counterparts
- Determines the assortment, defining specifications, configurations, and pricing, conducting sophisticated financial analysis
- Manages new product launches and sets promotional plans throughout product lifecycle
- Drives sales and margin on a real-time basis, incl. upsell and cross-sell of components, accessories and services, applying sophisticated analytics
- Engages closely with marketing and merchandizing to bring product to life
- Maintains sales forecasting to manage inventory
- University degree with experience in Marketing or product/service management
- Experience as Marketing product manager.
- It will be considered experience in Insights / feedback gathering.
- It will be considered previous experience in 3D.
- Deep domain expertise in retail category management
- Passion for consumer technology, understanding of underlying PC technologies
- Strong customer advocacy and understanding, awareness of tech trends
- In-depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion, positioning)
- Understanding of eCommerce and a direct sales environment
- Highly analytical and structured, comfortable with sophisticated data analysis
- Track record of producing measurable results
- Thriving in fast-pace environment with real-time decision making
- Strong financial and analytical skills, understanding of P&L drivers
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade; strong team player
- Extraordinary drive, confidence, risk taking; positive, “can-do” personality