Website Agile Additive
Agile Additive’s origins as Tronix3D began with innovating 3D printing techniques for NASA and the DoD to establish credibility for using metal and polymer printing in high-value aerospace and defense applications. Agile now offers these sophisticated innovations in precision prototyping and production to the industry at large. Recently acquired, the company is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Agile Space Industries that has over a decade of experience in testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne. Our combined expertise allows us to design, build, and test in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft using state-of-the-art 3D metal alloy printing. With rapid growth, we are looking to build a high-performance team laser-focused on the pursuit of industry-leading technology and innovation in Additive Manufacturing.
Agile Additive, Inc. is seeking an Additive Manufacturing (AM) application engineer who has a strong knowledge and proven experience with metal laser powder bed fusion. In this role you will work with the Agile Additive R&D and production team to optimize designs for AM, work with AM operators to debug additive processes, and work with our customers and vendors to execute projects on-budget and on-schedule. In this role, you will be a critical team member of the manufacturing group, taking ownership of AM components and overseeing manufacturing from raw powder to qualification for spaceflight.
- Work with design engineers and customers to improve propulsion part designs for AM
Manage parts through the AM workflow, from material selection, Design of Experiment(DoE), to part fabrication, and final delivery
- Establish and document AM processes that meet aerospace quality standards
- Develop frameworks to manage and organize big data associated with the AM digital thread
- Advanced relationships with customers and vendors to drive improvements across AM workflow
- Ability to travel for business development activities, including attending Additive Manufacturing shows (i.e. RAPID + TCT)
- Primary location of work is Agile Additive, Inc. located in Mount Pleasant, PA
- B.S. or advanced degree in related engineering or technical field
- Hands-on experience operating metal laser powder bed fusion platforms
- Experience redesigning components for metal laser powder bed fusion
- Knowledge and experience with metal AM post-processing (subtractive manufacturing and heat treatment)
- Knowledge and experience with CAD and AM data preparations software (e.g. SolidWorks, Magics, ANSYS Additive Print, etc.)
- Knowledge of IQ, OQ, and PQ for metal AM systems
- Must be a sole U.S. Citizen
- Energetic, positive, self-starter with the ability to work autonomously while simultaneously leading and developing a high performing team
- Experience with engineering analysis tools and software
- Experience with data processing and analysis
- Result-oriented approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Disciplined and systemic approach to management
- Experience with Quality Management Systems with associated certifications
- Experience with applying Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with our many stakeholders and partners across internal departments and external to the organization
- Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: 5 day/45hr work week, or as needed
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Remote: Some remote work, depending on COVID and company needs
Agile Additive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
To apply for this job please visit agilespace.hrmdirect.com.