Website Additive Monitoring Systems
Additive Monitoring Systems Applications Engineer Chicago, IL
About AMS: We are a university and national lab spinout, commercializing a computer vision technology which performs in-situ monitoring for industrial 3D printing (additive manufacturing, AM). This technology dramatically changes the metal AM industry by providing immediate component certification and early cancellation of defective builds.
The AMS headquarters is in the Chicago Land area, in Lemont IL, located within Argonne National Laboratory and Mhub innovation space. We work closely with federal scientists and engineers to develop machine vision technology for additive manufacturing (camera and software based). We have established research partnerships with multiple national laboratories, US departments, NASA, and research institutions.
About AMS Culture: AMS is currently a small team, comprised of independent thinkers, working to solve challenges in software development, data analysis, mechatronics, electrical engineering, and computer engineering. We are a cross-disciplined group and are excited to be pioneers in the rapidly evolving field of artificial intelligence and machine learning for 3D printing. This is a fast-paced, startup work environment, but with the resources and facilities of a US national Laboratory. This means a lot of variability of workflow and responsibilities, with an emphasis on creative problem solving. You will have the chance to be a part of a team making headlines in the 3D printing world.
About the Role: We are looking for a candidate with a well-rounded set of skills to support AMS’s product engineering, data collection, and project Management. This role will incorporate a mix of fast paced R&D work, in addition to management and foresight of ongoing and future projects to mature the readiness level of AMS technology.
· Mounting fixture design and prototyping
· Sensor parameter investigation/optimization
· Measurement triggering strategy
· Site visits with partner institutions (NASA, Argonne Lab, Oak Ridge Lab, the US Air Force, etc.)
· Facilitate data collection at partnering research facilities
· Mature data filtering, denoising, cleaning
· Establish goals for partner research
· Prepare for milestones
· Oversee project success and mitigate risk for R&D projects
First Six Months: Within the first six months, the Applications Engineer will be onboarded, become AM industry literate, and exercise mastery over the commercial value-add and technical specifications of the Project Fringe monitoring system. These goals can be accomplished via 3 main stages.
· Understand AMS core technologies, technology roadmap, and business strategy
· Socialize with the cross-functional team, understanding each person’s area of expertise and skills spanning the hardware, software, and product installation activities
· Understand how AMS monitoring provides value to research, additive equipment manufacturers, and contract manufacturers
· Own your role as an applications engineer.
· Begin management of ongoing projects such as the established collaborations with Department of Defense, University of Louisville, NASA, Argonne National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and others.
· Facilitate sensor system installations at customer facilities
· Reach out to new customers and participate in customer discovery
· Provide customer feedback to the team for continuous product improvement.
· Mentor the intern team on design, partnering with others to solve critical customer problems, and perform design of experiment analysis.
· Contribute to AMS’ growth through consistently delivering outstanding products and innovations.
Minimum Education / Certification Requirements
· Required education and degree type: BS Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related, with 1-6 years experience
· Education and/or industrial experience related to manufacturing, technology, computer science, etc.
· Relevant camera-based hardware or knowledge of hardware-software interfacing
· Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Hybrid and flexible options available, but required to be present in Chicago, IL for 3+ days per week.
· Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of time
Competitive Salary and Equity Options
· A generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, 401K plans and more.
Additive Monitoring Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Please send resumes and letter of interest to Niall@additivemonitoring.com
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.